Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Earth Hour!

In honor of all the mindless drones who thought Synchronized Light Turning Off at 8:30PM on Saturday would actually make a difference to the either the planet or the climate, I decided to do as much as I could to offset as many lefty loons as I could. I was actually going to fly my entire stage lighting show and run it for an hour, but I was too exhausted after the day's work . . . of taking down two more trees!

One was a thirty-foot pine, and the other was a forty-foot pine that had triple-forked at five feet, meaning it had three large trunks extending from five feet off the ground, so it was like taking down three thirty-five footers. The trunks and larger branches will go into my buddy Mike's external boiler next winter, while the smaller branches will go up in smoke in a few months after some seasoning. I'm not sure how much CO2 will be released once it is all burned, but I bet it will at least offset the savings of the one hour lights-out at Mr. and Mrs. Tom Brady-Bundchen's multiple homes around the world.





Hey Al Gore; tell me how my carbon footprint's ass tastes!


Bob

Ceterum , exsisto quietis Iggy

No comments:

Post a Comment