Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Today on WEEI: The Iggy Strikes Back

Or at least tried to. I didn't hear Iggy say anything really stupid today, but that's probably because he didn't say much of anything at all. At the end of the show, John and Gerry actually announced the existence of this blog. I had sent them an email earlier in the morning thinking that they would get a kick out of it, and I was very pleased to learn that not only did they like the blog, they liked it enough to put it on the air and link to it from their page on the WEEI site. Not that I could stop anyone from linking to the site, but I am honored that they thought enough of it to do so. Thank you, gentlemen.

It was when they announced the blog that Iggy (I assume it was him and not Chach) launched a counterstrike and played a little clip from some movie which said "I guess some people just don't have a life". Not exactly taking off Luke Skywalker's hand or sending Han Solo to Jabba the Hut frozen in carbonite, but what can you expect from someone incapable of independent thought. With the gauntlet thrown down, I must accept the challenge.

I actually do have a life Iggy, and I'd wager it's fuller than yours. I have a successful career (I almost said lucrative) as a software engineer, and have also spent most of the last seventeen years self-employed as a professional stage lighting producer. I own my own home (and will NEVER expect someone else to pay the mortgage for me), am married, and have two children. Yup, not only did I actually find a woman willing to marry me, I was actually able to convince her to have sex with me - twice. Top that Iggy!

3 comments:

  1. It's 7:00 AM and Iggy the Idiot is at it again. Defending $50M to the National Endowment for the Arts...fool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandfather was a piano teacher and orchestra conductor who was supported by the WPA in the 30's, that allowed him to save his house for his family until the economy improved and he held onto his house until he passed away in 1967.
    So please try to think through some of these items in the stimulus package with a little more compassion.
    Perhaps this very small percentage of the overall package will help another piano teacher, conductor or other artist to pass through this tough time that is affecting all types, just not athletes, business men or other more sports talk types that find it easy to make this an example of payback by the Democrats.
    Yes, I think it was the support of the National Endowment for the Arts that won the election for the current President? Too many listeners and a co-host are much to afraid of GC to take another opinion other than his, oh well thank heavens for steering wheel radio controls so I can change the station when he heads off on his rants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Iggy!, Gerry actually gets a little "tongue tied" when you have a response for all his "liberals are responsible for everything is wrong" monologues. Your right he's just another Rush Limbaugh stooge!

    ReplyDelete