Thursday, January 28, 2010

Obama Makes My Day

Well, all of the pundits (not named Olbermann and Matthews) said it. Virginia, New Jersey and Massachusetts have forced Obama's hand. Americans are upset with his far-left policies, and he has to pull a Clinton and at least pretend to move to the center. If not, he will cause a massive power shift in Congress in November that will cost his party dearly. So what does the Narcissist-in-Chief do? He chucks a big 'ole middle finger to Americans.

You don't like Obamacare? Too bad, I'm not giving up! You don't like my far-left ideology? Gays in the military it is! You're finally catching on to the scam that is "Climate Change"? Too bad, Cap and Tax, here we come! You're afraid of the massive debt I'm running up? Tough, I'm going to propose spending hundreds of billions more! Oh, OK, just to make the peasants happy, here's fifteen billions dollars in cuts - starting next year . . . maybe.

I don't know if he is serious, or if he is just trying to rally his far-left base with another campaign speech (I hope it is the former because it will make my day, year and maybe even decade). I do know this: New Jersey and Virginia were shots across his bow. Massachusetts was grapeshot fired into his rigging. If he is serious about continuing to steer America to port, Americans in November will greet him with a broadside of 64-pounders.


Bob, RI

Ceterum , exsisto quietis Iggy


P.S. - A few folks have asked why I've been focusing less on Iggy's proclivity to stick his foot in his mouth, and more on current events.

Well, first of all, I believe that this is a crucial point in America's history. If we can keep up the momentum, we will have a major paradigm shift in American politics. Not yet another shift from Democrats to Republicans, or Republicans to Democrats, but rather a shift to a country where voters hold politicians accountable for both their campaign promises and their actions. If the Tea Partiers can commandeer the Republican party (the Democrat party was commandeered by Marxists long ago). it can happen,

Second, Iggy has been very muted of late. My guess is that this is partly because of the defeats the Democrats suffered so quickly after his messiah began his thousand-year reign, and also because he subconsciously is starting to realize that the anointed one is nothing more than an empty suit. Maybe there is still hope that we can turn him away from the Dark Side. There's still good in him, I have felt it - or maybe that was just gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment